Thursday, October 15, 2009

So, I decided to take a few moments to write in this space I call my moment of peace. Ryan has just left for work, and I spent a few minutes with Camia trying to convince her that it is still nighttime. She still has been waking up almost every night, sometime two or three times. Just for a cuddle and a hug. I still have sympathy for her because I believe she is teething and she is still fighting a cold. In the last couple weeks she cut 3 of her eye teeth. My mom says that those are the worst ones to come through. Besides the interrupted sleeps, though, I haven't really noticed them come in - until they're in, and then I remember the times I had with her that were a bit on the rougher side and am happy that I have something to hold accountable. She slept the night through last night, and I am hoping that she will give me at least 1 more hour before she is ready to greet the world for yet another day.

The weather the last couple of days has been lovely. It's rained. And it's been crazy windy. And it's rained. I went into work with my mom again on Tuesday and it was cold and windy. While driving to the greenhouse, I really had to hold my steering wheel for the wind would toss my car in the ditch as if it were a piece of abandoned paper if I let it go. At the greenhouse, twigs, leaves and a whole bunch of other things were tossed on the roof with no mercy and then hurled about with no love. It was rather quite fascinating and almost mesmerizing. Almost. I love this weather. And on the next nice day, I want to take advantage of the wind that's been blowing and head to the park where millions of coloured leaves will have rested on the grassy beds. So far that next nice day looks to be Sunday. We'll see, since the weather man seems to be unable to be for certain what tomorrow will hold as far as the temperature or pattern is concerned.

This cool weather has urged me to pull out some more fall decor that I recently purchased at Michael's for 70% off. They had about 3 rows of halloween/fall decor on special and then about 10 rows of Christmas decor. I try not sigh and try not wish that the seasons would not be rushed but then I remember that Costco has had Christmas decor since July. Then I sigh. Although I do love decorating my house for Christmas and for the last 2 years have only decorated my home for Christmas, this year I found a new love: fall decor! Well, that is not completely true. I started collecting last year. I realized last night while were eating dinner that these pumpkins
happen to match these itty bitty pumpkins I purchased a few weeks ago.
These are my new flowers that occupy the vase that once held the bouquet Ryan brough home for me one day a few weeks ago. I got these ones for free from the flower shop that Ryan always visits. The flowers that he gave me
died within a few short days, so I went back to the florist to ask what he could/would do about it. He made me this bouquet 'to last' he said. I love it.

I also purchased a little wreathe that I hung in my kitchen above my sink.
And I also had a thought run through my brain at some point and time this week. My kitchen (this photo was taken before we moved in) kind of matches the fall season! (It helps to look for the positives. It makes me feel better about my lovely kitchen :) )

1 comment:

Melissa and Byron said...

I would love to decorate, but I have no room for any of it! So, I just settle for looking at the leaves falling outside.