Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sneak Peek


These days have been super busy and hard to wrap my mind around. This, mind you, is completely my own fault. No one is to blame but me. (Although I must admit that sometimes it is nice to blame it on something/one other than myself...)

I have been trying to get my quilt out and ready for use, but that has been proving to be difficult with a sick child who is need of some extra TLC this past week plus some days.

Last week I had arranged a date with my sister and potentially my mom to head to the states so they could get cheese. Cheese is about half the price across the line and every time I go or talk of going they ask me to bring back cheese for them. At least, my mom did. The last time my sister also asked me. Since I am not able to take enough dairy products for them and myself across the line at any given time due to restrictions, I told my sister that she needed to accompany me if she desires to have cheese. So, yesterday we headed to the states.

I tried to aim to have my quilt all together so I could purchase fabric for it across the line. There is this store there that I really like where I got all my fabric for my quilt...and where I got almost all of the fabric I've ever worked with. I didn't get it finished in time. I got most of it finished, so I could still match it and also have approximate dimensions as to how much fabric I would actually need to purchase. With the scraps I assembled a thing that looks like a pot holder but it's definitely not a pot holder. Right now. Maybe when I get sick of it and feel the urge to destroy it, but not now. Now it's for under a ceramic vase full of pretty flowers Ryan brought home for me the other day. And its a part of my fall decor.

Here is a sneak peek of my fall quilt fabrics:
And a peek at some of the decor I put up since it has now stopped sun shining. (It's raining, Melissa...Sorry, couldn't resist :D )
And here is my most recent fall accent that my wonderful man brought home for me the other day.
Oh, and just for the record, we finally finished the banister.
Ryan also painted the part under the banister that was previously white. I've shown where this is on the picture by drawing arrows on the photo...
See? It's the same colour as the walls now, and looks 100 times better. Such a wonderful feeling that things are finally getting done! :D

No comments: