Wednesday, October 28, 2009
After 6 Months of Scotch Tape...
On Saturday I had had enough of my broken camera. It's been broken since April, when it took a spill off my stroller and landed on the concrete ground. The battery cover broke off and I was scared to go see how much it would cost to get it fixed. So, I used some scotch tape and taped it up, replacing it as needed and when I changed the battery. On Saturday I had had enough. The tape wouldn't stick anymore, no matter how many times I put it on, and I was having trouble uploading my photos to the computer because the battery wouldn't stay in. So, on Saturday I took it to London Drugs to see what they could tell me in regards to repairs. They said there that it would cost $75 just to ship it to Richmond and then a service fee and then the cost of the repair. I decided that I would save myself the middle costs, and go directly to the source myself. So today I headed to Richmond to get my camera fixed. I had previously called Nikon to get an estimate, and at first they had told me $45. I figured this was a small price to pay for my stupidity. But when I called them again just to make sure I could get it fixed today, and to see if I had to make an appointment, the kind lady told me that they would so it for free! Yay! An even better price to pay for my stupidity! And now my camera is fixed, with no scotch tape holding it together. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment