Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Monkey For My Monkey

This year Ryan and I tossed around whether or not we should take Camia trick or treating. I thought it was a little silly at first since she really would have no need for all the candy she would receive. And I was unsure of whether or not she would get the concept since she is barely 17 months. In the end, we decided that we would take her to a small neighbourhood for a half hour and then we would send all the candy she received to her uncle who is serving in Afghanistan right now. He would be tickled pink to know that his niece went trick or treating for him. I was going to dress her up in a Tinkerbell costume as per my sister's request, but since we could not find a decent costume, I, at the last moment, was inspired by a friend and went looking online for a monkey hat pattern. She would go as a little monkey.
She caught on to the idea of knocking on doors and receiving candy quite quickly. In fact, she almost always made a grab for the bucket, indicating that she would like more.

Before she went out, she had a bit of a nap with her Oma since she was so wiped. She layed in the crook of mom's arms gently snoring and gone to the world.
She was such a good girl while trick or treating and had so much fun by talking, yelling and running hand in hand with Ryan and I. After 1/2 hour, she had lots of candy to send to her uncle.
For her costume, I went online to find a pattern. I ended up changing it a bit to suit how I thought a monkey looked, but in the end I was pretty happy with it.

1 comment:

Carla said...

That's a really cool idea that you took her out for her uncle! The monkey hat is very cute :)