Monday, November 9, 2009

Family Breakfast

This past Saturday we had a breakfast with Ryan's family, hosted by Ryan and myself at Don and Tien's house. I wanted to do this since we had had no turkey Thanksgiving dinner and thought it would be lots of fun. Sure, it is more work than just heading to a restaurant, but I thought this would be more fun, especially for the kids who could just go run around after we were done eating. It was a hit, and right there it was decided that we would make it happen more often. I also thought it would be fun to do one when Ryan's sister Allita and her family came down for Christmas this year. But I wanted to try it first, to see how it went. And what a fabulous excuse to try it, what with not having a dinner and all. I took my camera along, but forgot to take photos. I did take photo's of the arrangements I had made for this occasion, though :). Which also were a hit, by the way :). I was really happy with the way they turned out, and were perfect for the dreary fall weather we had that morning. Just a little something to brighten it up a little bit!
I used some goblets that I got from a good friend for an engagement and a wedding gift. It worked perfectly!
And since there were 4 of them plus the big one, all the lovely ladies took one home with them when the morning was over.

1 comment:

Melissa and Byron said...

Pretty flowers! Way worth the money I would think! Great colours! Love them!