Thursday, November 19, 2009

My big helper says baby.

Camia learned a new word yesterday and repeated it all night and all morning. Baby. She carried a doll around, pointed to its face and repeated 'baby'. She said it until I took her to my mom this morning and asked her to show Oma that she had learned a new word. She stopped saying it. I would post a picture of her holding her baby, but my camera has gone into the shop to be repaired. So, no photos. She passed her baby off to me one time yesterday (actually, this happened more than once) before she took off down the hall and came back and tore the baby out of my arms. I showed her how to rock the baby and sing lullabies to the baby which she mimicked almost instantly. She walked around the house talking to the doll and rocking it not ever so gently.

She is also becoming a big helper. She tries to help whenever she can, and has the attention span that is greater than any child I know so far.

She does laundry with me by picking up an article of clothing and handing it to me so I can put it in the washer. When the washer is done, she likes me to pass her the clothes so she can put it in the dryer. Then she closes the door and proceeds to bang on the washer and dryer, making the utmost noise. Sometimes, when my baskets are full, I put my clean laundry on the bathroom floor so I can put the wet stuff in before I go fold the dry stuff. Camia likes to pick up my dry stuff and throw it back into the dryer with my wet stuff before I see her.

Today I did some sewing and Camia pushed a chair beside me, perched and handed me pins when I needed them for as long as I needed them. After I was done pinning my project and was ready to remove the pins, she put the pins back in the pin container neatly and mostly one at a time. All together today I sewed about 2 hours. She sat beside me the whole time being my 'pin person'.

My baby is growing up. :)

2 comments:

Carla said...

Yay! An update (well 2 since i've read your blog). Yes, the wonderful I want to help stage. it is fun (and a pain). I can't believe she sat there 2 hours.
Also love that you have to wait to put up your tree :) It'll make next weekend so much fun.

Melissa and Byron said...

Aww! I remember hearing you talk about this, but that's so cute to read! Yeah! You can sew with her around again!