So yesterday I got my camera back (yay!) and immediately Ryan was teasing me and asking if I was taking scads of photos. I took only one yesterday to see if it really did function differently. I am thrilled because it takes photos whenever I want it to, not when it feels like it should. It's lovely! AND to boot, the software was updated! (I am not exactly sure what that means, but Ryan was pretty excited when he read it on the invoice.)
So, here are some photos of the Christmas decor I have set up thus far. My itty bitty Christmas tree in the downstairs bath.
And my snowman collection that she is not allowed to carry around.







I've been working on my Christmas quilt, trying to get it done. I hit a lull where I was not at all motivated to work on it, but I think I have passed that curve. I have 4 out of 30 squares complete, and about 10 more to iron, so almost half way there!
So far for me its fall on the outside
and Christmas on the inside. I am waiting to put up my Christmas wreath so my fall wreath is still on the door since I plan to put my fall wreath in my Christmas wreath holder. Then I can get a new holder when the sales happen.
In the meantime, here is a picture of Camia, all smiles immediately after getting out of bed. And note the sippy cup! She's been off a bottle for about 2.5 weeks now. (yay!)
She loves to play peek-a-boo now and covers her eyes. When she uncovers them she says 'boo!' and giggles her heart out.
Last week I also finished the top of the quilt I am making my mom for Christmas. It will be a little late since I still have to buy the backing fabric and then quilt it and then bind it, but it will still be a Christmas gift. Just a late one.
For the past couple of days I've also been working on Christmas cards. I need to 'hire' a photographer to take our family photo and then I can send them out. The earliest so far, I think!
And, with the cold coming, Camia needs a new hat and scarf to keep her warm. So I got out the knitting needles and made her some. I have never knitted with 3 needles before, and I have never done a cable stitch, so this was an exciting project for me. I think I am going to add ear flaps and a pom pom yet since the hat is super stretchy and falls off when Camia falls down.
I also made myself a new purse:
There are a few things I would like to try yet, like make a little purse for Camia since she loves to carry bags around on her shoulder. I saw a tutorial online for making a felt mr. potato head, and I want to give that a try.

I also want to make a 'reading corner' for her since she loves to sit by the bookshelf and read books. Her toys can now all go in the closet since she loves to play in there and the corner can be for reading. I am going to make a quilt of the same fabrics as the quilt I made for my mom. I also have to make a bag yet for my niece before she comes here for the Christmas holiday. So much to do! So much fun!
2 comments:
Hello Jen
We are having a great visit with mom here. All the things you do for crafts, makes me want to start again. maybe when the house is done I can. Camia sure is growing up, cant wait to see here in a few weeks. Do you think she will remember us?
Allita
Great stuff around the house! You sure you have enough snowmen :)? Very cute. I love the Mr Potatohead!! Need a partner in crime to make it?
Post a Comment