Shortly after we moved into our house, we - or I - started to paint the banister. I thought it would be quick and easy to spray paint it and thought that it might also mean a nicer looking job. As it turns out, though, I discovered that spray paint has a powder like substance that floats in the air and settles on every exposed surface. Even surfaces that are on the other side of the house! Granted, our house is not very big. But it seems bigger when there is this dust stuff over EVERYTHING, even by the living room window and I have to clean the floors and all the surfaces. So, last week, Ryan and I went out and bought a gallon of flat black paint and a foam roller so we can finally get this done. And not have to wipe down every surface caused by the spray paint. This is what it used to look like (while we were on a tour, after we had decided to purchase the house, but had not yet purchased it):
I was ready for a change, and for it to be done! I am sure (and now that I look at the pictures, I know) that upon first glance it always looks like our house is under renovation...with the same project for the last 9 months. So, I took newspaper and taped up the walls and carpets. And yes, that is a fresh newspaper from yesterday morning. Taken straight off our front 'porch'.
Here are the 'before photos':


And here is where I am at so far. Tomorrow I get to get on a step ladder as finish the parts where I can't reach. Hopefully I can get done...I can only do this project while Camia naps to avoid any disasters that can either happen to her or my carpet. And I have to quit about a half hour before her projected 'rise n shine' time to give the paint time to dry so little fingers do not attempt to smudge the artwork.



1 comment:
Looking Good girl! Way to go!
Post a Comment