Monday, September 28, 2009

China Town Stir Fry

The evening before we headed out to Smithers, the family went out for dinner in honour of Ryan's Dad's birthday. We went to Mr Mikes in Langley, the newest location. I had been wanting to go there for quite some time, so I was pretty excited. I went online to check out the menu, and decided that I was going to go out of the box and go with the China Town Stir Fry. It was well worth being adventurous. So yummy! I decided that I was going to try to duplicate the recipe since it was so yummy. I went online to search for recipes, and found one that looked simple enough. So, I went to Costco and bought a stir fry mix since it is cheaper to buy the frozen mix than buy all the individual veggies and cooked it up, adding pieces of chicken that I marinated for 30 minutes prior to cooking. As a side dish I made sweet and sour pork. Here is the end result:
This recipe made it into my favourite recipe book.

No comments: