Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow!.....??

We had snow. Overnight we got dumped on. Almost 1/2 a foot lay on the ground when we woke in the morning. We - and by we, I mean I - were a little disappointed that it started melting right away. In an effort to preserve it, to make it last a little longer, I decided to construct a snowman. But, it melted almost as fast as the snow on the ground.
And, I did go snowboarding. My sister has a couple pictures on her camera, but I made it out with no broken bones. Bruises, but no broken bones. I have no idea how this happened, and didn't feel it until I took my snow pants off. It's on the inside of my leg, but it could have happened any time since I spent most of my first run down not on my feet.
As soon as I treated it like wake boarding, I kinda got the hang of it, and by my 10th run down, I only fell twice. It rained all day, but I didn't really notice it going down until the last run, when it was coming down pretty good. We noticed it when we were on the lift. Then it was cold. We both got wet to the skin and were thankful that there was a fireplace with which to warm ourselves. After going once, I think I like it better than skiing and would definitely go again. One day :)

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Ouch! That bruise looks like it hurts! Cute snow man :)

Carla said...

Good for you on the snowboarding! Though I still vote for skiing!