Day 6's task was to clean out the dresser drawers. Day 6 was sometime last week. I had this post written but ended up just saving and not publishing due to computer issues. And then forgot about it. So, yes, I am still around. And still cleaning.
Since I was feeling ambitious on Day 3, I got mine and Camia's dresser drawers cleaned out and tidied then. So, instead I decided to tackle the 'storage' - aka junk - closet instead. And the toy closet. And the left over laundry.. And washing the floors since the mop I am borrowing was being returned last Friday. And cleaned the bathrooms. And play with Camia. And de-Christmas-ify. And wow. What a day.


I switched the toy closet and junk closet around and we are going to install shelving units to hold the toys so Camia can better access it. The original toy closet just was not working. I had imagined Camia one day playing in the closet like little children like to do...or apparently not... but every time any child ever played in it, it just got turned upside down as the toys were not THAT easily accessible. So, I packed some toys away for toy rotation, and put a bunch in the box for donation. Anything that was randomness got tossed in the box. We plan to put shelves in the closet to make toys easier to get at and help keep it organized. I plan on labelling all the containers to keep toys where they belong as well. Can you imagine it? A couple shelves, no stacking of containers.....I can see it :)
And the junk closet? No longer a junk closet. It's now the vacuum closet, broom closet and a few misc things like my fondue pot and waffle maker. All of which were in the junk closet before. But now there is no junk in the closet :).
Ive since bought a container for the rags since Superstore had a sale on containers. And, instead of having my food processor in its original box that was getting crushed and wrecked under a pile of junk in the junk closet, I put it in a container as well. It's behind all the stuff, under the stairs since I rarely use it but still think I need it. Since I got my Kitchen Aid, I rarely use it anymore. I enjoy chopping my veggies by hand, so that's what I usually do anyways. The only thing I actually do with it these days is donate it to the school when they need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment