So apparently I have a few more than just 3 junk drawers and 2 junk piles.
Today's challenge involved cleaning off the surface of the computer desk. I thought, sure! No problem. It'll be done so quick and easy that I can also clean the other 2 surfaces in my spare room too. Well, once I started I kind of felt overwhelmed. So I started backing up my photo's to discs for fear of future disaster where I might loose them all. While I waited for discs to format and then files to copy, I started chipping away at the desk. What a stuff we had squirreled away. Some of has been laying there since my friend's wedding that occurred 2 + years ago! I am feeling like a slob right about now. After about 3 hours, I have 1 huge pile for recycling, a bag of garbage, a pile for value village to add to yesterday's purge and a clean desk! Here is a before shot:
I didn't think to take a photo with the doors open until I emptied the cupboard, but the amount of stuff we had stored away in there is rather embarrassing. Piles of cd randomness. A stack of 7 packs of lined paper. A pile - or rather, piles - of sticky notes that Camia has disassembled. Now there is a basket for the stickies, a basket for the pencil lead and cords and a few other 'all sorts' that I decided was worthy enough to keep. For now. hee hee.
And a couple after shots:
I do want to get either a tray of baskets or 2 baskets, one for the pile of scrap paper I kept for Camia's doodling and the other for my Epicure things I like to keep on hand when I have either a phone order or I quick need something when I am doing order entry. Otherwise I think for now I am done this table. And I think I might need a day 3 & 4 for this challenge to tidy up the other 2 surfaces that badly need tidying.
1 comment:
Wow! It looks great! I'm a wee bit jealous, because I love organizing and there are definitely a few places around the house that could use some TLC. I may join the challenge with you. I'll have to see how far behind I feel come Saturday.
Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment