Monday, January 10, 2011

Organized Chaos -Day 5

After taking Friday and Saturday off, today my task resumed and I moved onto completing my Day 5 challenge: Cleaning under the kitchen sink. I do clean this area on a semi-regular basis, and sometimes I just find that the mess just kind of sneaks up on me and surprises me one morning. This morning I took all of the stuff out of the cupboard, cleaned it from top to bottom, and then put everything back. Except the stuff I won't/don't use. I containerized everything else and put it back. So, for now, it's clean again. For now :)
Since this task was easy-peasy, I decided to tackle another area of the kitchen that bugs me every time I look at it: The 'medicine' cupboard. I bought some baskets at the dollar store and put the medicines and vitamins in the basket, tossed the expired stuff, and put the basket in the cupboard.
Then, since I was feeling like I was on a roll, I also cleaned up my spice rack. I've been wanting to either toss it or find a new home for it for a while now so I could obtain more counter space that I seriously already lack in, so I used another basket purchased from the dollar store, put all my spices in it and put it in my spice cupboard.
See? More counter space! Every little bit counts!

No comments: