Yesterday I overheard my boss talking of getting a website up and running. I requested to take pictures for said website. When he said yes, I went and had a bit of fun with my camera, trying to catch the highlights of the greenhouse. These strawberries are positively the best I've ever tasted, with the sweetness almost at the perfect level (mom's still working on that) and the juiciness just perfect so that it doesn't run down your fingers but still almost melts in your mouth. Mmm, mmm, mmm. The biggest strawberry my Mom's had has been over 1.5 ounces.
and box planters in a couple different sizes
The greenhouse where I work:
I started my own baskets at the greenhouse this year. They've been growing for almost 2 weeks now. I am excited to bring them home in about 3 weeks and hang them from my empty basket hooks. 
I am also allowed to have my garden there this year and am excited to have fresh veggies in the summer and my freezers full of frozen veggies come winter. I don't have a photo of it yet, but it's a huge area where I've planted enough carrots to feed an army, chives, broccoli, peas green peppers and celery. I need to purchase more seeds since I want to still plant asparagus, tomatoes, onions and leeks (and maybe I can find some other fun and funky things to plants, just for the fun of it.). Just for fun, I dug up my pea seeds just to see how they were doing and they've already sprouted. I just discovered the other day that Ryan likes peas. Since I love peas, I am thrilled to have another veggie to serve other than broccoli and sometimes cauliflower and asparagus. This year I also have parsley and basil growing in my back yard. It works perfect because I am already at the greenhouse at least 2 times a week, so I can weed and water there on lunch breaks or before or after my work day. The only thing I can't plant at the greenhouse is my corn since the corn attracts bugs that are not good for the strawberries. So, my sister is planting some for me in her garden. It will be nice to have fresh corn come fall too.
A fuchsia:
3 comments:
I totally agree the strawberries are the best! Mmm, can't wait to find another "faulty" one! Great pictures you took!
Thanks! When I was cutting the runners off yesterday there were lots of 'faulty' ones and lots that I touched and wanted. So perhaps there will be strawberries the next time you come in :)
mmmmmmm i could eat that strawberry!
Post a Comment