Friday, April 2, 2010

A Little Get Away...

Last weekend I felt like I was whisked away into a bit of paradise to the outskirts of Seattle where a bed and breakfast is nestled softly in a clearing between meadows and rolling hills. At least this is how the 'inn keepers' spoke to us on the morning after our arrival. I do wish we could have taken the time to go for a walk and run over those rolling hills, but alas, we were on a mission and would not be interrupted. I think I have never been so sick of shopping. Ever. Friday night we headed to the outlet mall to try score some good deals on shoes that were needed by everyone in our little family, some because they were worn clear through the leather and others because they were getting a little tight on some little toes. This is what we saw through our window at the b&b. Makes me a little sad to not have spent the time sitting there for a wee while sipping on some freshly brewed tea and munching on some fresh baked biscuits.
I love this photo. It's not exactly centered, but I am ok with that. I almost kind of like it that way. To me it's almost mystical and tells a story of what might have been. If we ever wind up back to that b&b, I am for certain that it won't be so we can rest after shopping. On Saturday we headed to Pike's Place Market.
I do love a traditional market! This place was hopping! I especially enjoy street performers and this man was no exception. It was actually kind of neat.
He seemed to especially love his job and also has a big spot in his heart for this little bird. He could ask and it would do almost anything. Including play dead:
It was quite neat to watch!

I do have to admit that although I loved having the time to spend with Ryan, I did miss my baby girl who probably thought very little of me while she was in the home of one of her favourite people: Yamma. She for surely loves her Yamma. And her Yamma for surely loves her back and loved to have the time to show her off to all her friends.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Totally LOVE the first photo in this post!