Straight from the 1800's, this Sunbonnet trekked along with the gold miners and kept hotel, made meals and pounded ticks out of mattresses. I have found new respect for the ladies who sewed those dresses that required yards and yards of fabric and hundreds and hundreds of gathers.
Made from a bed sheet purchased at Value Village and little rosettes also purchased from Value Village, this project has been on my to-do list for quite some time now. I also rescued the doll from the shelves there as well. Since Eyelet is quite expensive, I purchased a bed skirt from VV and cut off the eyelet from the edges to create my ruffles.
It was quite fun to make, and also a new challenge, which I also like to take up every now and again. I gave the doll to Camia to play with and it didn't take long for the bonnet to be on the floor. I do think I might like to make a crinoline for under the dress one day...one day.
In the meantime, I finally got my birds this week! I am super excited and love the chubbiness of them.
See the difference?
No comments:
Post a Comment