Monday, April 12, 2010

The Happenings...

Hmm, so it seems that it has once again been a while. Perhaps I should add it to my calendar so I can keep up with these things....These are the happenings, among other things:

Summer is kind of almost here. At least, that's what I think this week. Last week I thought the seasons had switched suddenly when we had snow in the month of April. And hail. And cold temperatures.

I was rather excited when we got our first summer holiday of the year written on the calendar. This year we are going camping with our little group of friends to Cultus Lake in just 11 short weeks. Should be fun! And then a few days later, our second holiday got written in ink too, a 2 week getaway to our favourite campground, Herald Park up north on the Shuswap Lake.

In the meantime, this is what's happening here.

This month is slower with Epicure, for which I am grateful. I met a goal that was set up for my first 3 months and wound up ranking 2nd and 3rd in the monthly sales out of 110 people and am the 3rd person to complete all 3 steps of the super quick start program out of 110 people. Kinda crazy! So now I am taking a breather. We'll see how the month of May goes. Life was just getting too hectic, with me continuously biting off more than I could chew and committing to more than I could handle. Even now, with 2 days of the week being taken up by working during the day with my mom is still feeling kinda stressful, especially with everything that is going on at home. Since I have bitten off more than I can chew, I am still working on emptying my fork of projects, commitments and expectations.

I am still working on getting my freezers empty so I can clean them of the ice build up and get fresh food. In an effort to do so, I used up some of the blueberries that have been frozen since last summer to make a pie. I decided to get creative and try be fancy. And now that pie sits in my freezer. Hopefully it will disappear when our guests come tonight to play Settlers...
While at the greenhouse, Camia learned to drink from a juice bag without getting the juice all over herself...
And I took the opportunity to take some photo's of my pretty girl this morning.
Quack, quack (said like "Wack, wack...'


She's got a new grumpy face and has gotten quite good at fake crying:
Since I am trying to transition Camia from sleepers to two-piece pj's to make bathroom visits at night a cinch and since I only own 4 sets of pj's now instead of 18 for her, I decided to make Camia a new set of pj's by tracing a pair that I love onto fabric and cutting out. Having no instructions is a challenge, and I discovered that flannel does not stretch, at least not this stuff, anyways. So I ended up adding 2 inches to each side and putting snaps on each shoulder. I started out with snaps on one shoulder, but the shirt didn't fit over her head, so I took the top apart and put snaps on the other side too. Hopefully it will fit, or I will have to cut the neckline bigger. Which involves taking the whole thing apart.
I tried a technique I learned in a quilting class I am taking, appliqué-ing. The one petal seems to be a bit enlarged...
A good thing is that at least the pants turned out lovely :).

2 comments:

Melissa and Byron said...

Looks good! So what the petals aren't the same size, it's all made with love!! I'm so excited to go camping too! Yahoo!!

Carla said...

The PJ's are cute!
Also like your photography skills on Camia :)