Wednesday, July 4, 2012

She Turned 4

My baby turned 4 a month ago. A month ago. 4. She's 4. Crazy how fast it goes. This year Camia asked for cupcakes with pink icing. I decided to spice it up a tiny bit and continued with my theme birthday. I added white polka dots to the pink icing and decided that we were having a polka dot birthday. I didn't realize how hard it is to find things that are pink with white polka dots. Even expensive things are hard to find. After scouring dollar stores, I went online to see if I could find anything. I was looking for plates, napkins and cups. The only thing I found online was going to cost me around $60. Sorry, honey, I love you bunches, but spending that much on things that will end up in the garbage just was not going to happen. So I called all the party stores located here in the valley. Not one single party store had one single pink plate with white polka dots. They all the other colours. Just no pink. So, I went back to looking at dollarstores. Finally I found some. I guess maybe with summer coming, they got new stock. So, for $8, I got plates, cups and napkins for 25 people. And then went ahead with the rest and made cupcakes (totally recommend little cupcakes for little people...so much less waste)

and cake pops

and truffles

and balloons.


Then we invited people, first family and then friends. We had her blow candles


of course pose



and open some gifts.
From my family she got the roundhouse for her Thomas stuff, something she had been asking for for
a few months prior to her birthday.
She was beside herself with excitement when she opened it.


Ryan and I gave her Edward to add to her collection. Her face tells how she felt about that gift (totally makes gift giving the best:)):


From my brother, on top of the playmobil, she also got some girl lego to add to her little lego collection.



 When I was growing up, birthdays were always a big deal in my family, much bigger than Christmas. Whosever birthday it was got to pick dinner on their birthday. I think it might be a tradition that will carry on in our family too. Camia picked spaghetti for dinner. I should have done her hair, it seems.


 She's been loving books on cd lately and Amelia Bedelia, so Ryan and I got her Amelia Bedelia and Frog and Toad on CD.

 We also got her Rhenieas, an engine for her Thomas. A few days later she felt that he should not be without his friends, so she bought Skarloey, Rhenias's best friend, with her very own money. She found out that when you buy something with money, it's gone, and you just can't go to the bank to get more.

After dinner, Ryan helped her build a track so she could play with her new toys.

No comments: