Monday, July 30, 2012

Fishing

Camia had been wanting so badly to go fishing, since sometime when it was still too cold to even bother. My dad promised her that after her birthday he would take her fishing, and by then it should be warm enough. Well, it was still stinking freezing outside. In the middle of June. Quite a few people refer to June as June-uary, since it was January-like temperatures. I was very appreciative of the cold weather, since when it is warm here, it makes my life that much more difficult, being 8 months pregnant an all. I do make an honest effort to not complain since I know it could be worse, I am handling it better than some other pregnant mamma's I know, and most of all, becuase when people complain about the weather, it annoys me to no end since there is nothing anyone can do about it anyways. Why complain about something that you can't change or that you have no control over? I actually read in a book recently - Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges (great book, by the way, highly recommend it) - that complaining is just as much of a sin as stealing or lying or even murder. Complaining against anything is complaining against God, which makes it a sin.

Anyways. Fishing :)

Camia was more interested in the ducks, which we fed even though we aren't supposed to. There were some baby ducks that were simply adorable too.

 Even though Camia handles worms with no issues, she refused to try worm her hook. (I don't really blame her... :) )
 She did hold her rod for a short while...
 The ducks were brave

And Camia caught a fish! We let it go since it was so small.

Camia and her fish (sorry you have to crane your neck, I couldn't rotate the photo, and I don't know why.)

After fishing we went to my parents for a fire and stuck Camia in a tree to get some photo's.

My dad installed a tire swing for Camia, and she had fun on it for a little while.

No comments: