Monday, July 30, 2012

Lake Front Property

As it often does, my parents back/side yard flooded this year with seepage from the river. The water got to almost 4 feet deep, and for the first time since they moved there almost 20 years ago, it went over the road. I remember swimming in this water when I was growing up, and if it wasn't so infested with mosquitos this year, I would have taken Camia there to have a go at it too.



Before the mosquitos got bad, my Mom took her in about a week after the water first started coming up. It was kind of crazy that in less than 7 days, the water had risen around 3 feet.

A few weeks ago, Ryan and I took a weekend for ourselves and Camia had a sleepover at my parents. While I had separation anxiety, Camia had a blast with my parents. We took an inflatable boat to my parents that weekend so they could go boating together. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it to share.

No comments: