Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Time To Catch Up

I have been faithful to the 21 day challenge, I am just doing things on the list that take more than 1 day. They take more like 2 days. or 14. I have put things on my list of 'to do' because there is NO WAY I can get it done in one day. And we've maxed our home improvement section of the budget. I got all of Camia's clothes organized into their respective totes and found that I have not saved as many clothes as I thought I did. I have 2 totes. One for 0-6 months and the other for 6-24 months. I have 1 tote started for size 2+ for the things she grows out of, though I am finding that her growth rate has plateaued and she is wearing clothes for longer periods of time. As in, for 1 year + as opposed to 6-9 months. I also put away all receiving blankets, baby bath towels and her crib sheets, things that have been sitting in drawers and closets unused for a while now. The next major project we worked on was Camia's room. We sent her dresser back to my mom and stored the change table at my mom's until we need it again in a effort to make room for her big girl bed. Which Camia loves dearly. She is so proud of her new room and is eager to show all who come to visit. In place of her dresser, we installed a closet organizer to hold her clothes. Here it semi-organized. I took the photo the day after installation and since it was Camia's bedtime just when we finished, I kind of 'put everything away for tomorrow...' tomorrow still hasn't come.
Her dresses used to be stored in the spare room closet as her dresser used to be in her closet since there was no room for it in her room. Basically my idea was to de-clutter our little house since it is quite full of stuff. I didn't realize how big Camia's room actually was:).
The only thing we've noticed about her and her new bed is that she refuses to get out of it at night for anything. We put her to bed at 7 almost every night and if she is not sleepy, we give her books to read.
We don't see her for the rest of the night. She won't even get out of bed to get her uh-oh which is just out of reach from her bed. She will ask us to get it for her. On the first night she was out of her crib, we found her like this
so bed rails are definitely a must-have when we get her bed together.

Another time she fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon like this:
As far as organizing other spaces in our teeny little (which seems to get bigger every time I clean) home, I think I am done de-junking. I just need to organize things. The coat closet is a big one, we want to add more shelves to hold our games which are stacked high on top of one another and raise the coat rack to better organize our mess of shoes. I want to organize my craft room, but that is a job and a half all by itself. One day we plan to move it downstairs into the wasted kitchen space, we plan to put up cupboards and a counter and make it into an office/crafting area. One day :). The shed is another thing that needs de-cluttering. There are wedding gifts we received that we've never used, so I intend on re-gifting those. We just went to an engagement party where I re-gifted and we have a wedding coming up where I plan to do the same. I reason that I've held onto it for 3.5 years, and the items have never left their boxes. I don't think I will ever use them, so I might as well pass them on. This organizing has been a great challenge and is very tiring, so I am looking forward to our mini vacation at the end of February with Ryan's family for a couple days.

No comments: