Thursday, February 10, 2011

ACKK!!!!

Sometimes, when the moment of peace creeps up on me, I take time to peruse facebook swaps looking for clothing and means of entertainment for my toddler. This is how I dress her, how I find toys for her, and this is the reason she owns about 12 pairs of jeans. $2 for a pair of Gap or Childrens Place jeans that fit her slim body are hard to come by! And new they can be expensive. So, this is how I shop for her. I had (or, took) a few moments this morning to look on the swap for I am not sure. I have been watching for Polly Pockets to add to her collection.....and look at what I found! I've only been searching for another since she was 11 months.
She's been attached to this - thing - since then. Since then, we've lost it 3 times, retrieved it from puddles, from dirt, from rain, snow, from peers and have not gone anywhere without it. This photo was taken in 2009, in his better days. Wal-Mart and Toys R Us have discontinued it. I've been watching thrift stores. I have an aunt searching for me. When I saw it on the swap page, I got pretty excited. It is listed for $2, but I honestly would pay more for it since it is still something Camia drags with her everywhere. She saw the picture on the computer and compared uh-oh to it:
See? It's the same. Just nicer looking. And it still sings. She tried to get it out of the monitor:
And compared it again:
She asked me to buy it. We get to pick it up tomorrow. Maybe we'll get to retire Uh-Oh number 1 and introduce Uh-Oh number 2.

1 comment:

Carla said...

That's too fun! I love Camia's reaction to the the screen. Hope uh-oh #2 goes well......and it will smell the same soon ;)