We ran a couple of errands today after visiting a place called 'Go Bananas' - a story all by its self in which I must confess I have no idea who had more fun there. Me, or her! But, I digress. When we got to the store, she was allowed to pick one of the critters to take with her into the store. The look on her face made me want to crawl under the car and laugh for a brief while. Such a terrible mother, I know. Making my child decide between two loves. She looked up at me, hugged both of them close, and said 'two.' It was a process of about 5 minutes for her to decide which one she was going to be taking with her. And both times she reverted back to the grubby, well loved Uh-Oh she's been carrying around for almost 2 years. I have since hidden the new one in my closet, deep under some clothing she might be able to reach eventually. Tomorrow I expect to be asked for this new Uh-oh.
The bright side of this little tale is that I now know that if I were to switch critters for reasons already mentioned, it will be a smooth transition. Unless you count the constant asking for two Uh-Oh's. But eventually that will become a thing of the past as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment