Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Letter To a Friend I Miss

Today I have a friend on my mind who has not visited me for well over a year. I decided to write a letter to her, telling her how much I miss her. I decided to keep it short, simple and sweet. It goes like this:

Dear Nap time.
It's been a year since our regular daily visits. Today in particular I miss you and wish that you would come visit me. Your semi-monthly visits just don't cut it for me sometimes. I am exhausted, I feel unwell and your presence would make my day that much better. Quiet time, breathing time would also be nice. When you are free, and have a moment, I would love to see you again, especially since my batteries seem to drain much more quickly these days while watching my energizer bunny of a toddler bounce around my house, giggle her way through life and move from one activity to another in about the span of 5.5 seconds. Her energy tires me, her constant flapping lips makes my ears ache, even though sometimes it is the most lovely sound in the world.

Nap time? What's nap time? I miss you, to see you would be the icing on my cake.

Yours truly,
Sleep deprived Mom

P.S. It would especially be nice to have a visit since my bouncy toddler has decided that a good wake-up time is anywhere between 5 and 6:50. It sometimes makes for a long day.

1 comment:

Carla said...

ok.....just have to laugh!