Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project Church Bag: Complete!

Since Camia has been gracing us with her presence in church since last summer, and received a little Bible of her own, I decided that carrying it in my purse was no longer necessary. First, it made my purse heavy, and I thought that maybe some sort of responsibility was in order. As it turns out, I still wound up carrying it around - not that I minded, because I do find it a little bit cute :). For the most part, though, she was proud to carry it into church with her. She loves this bag and constantly asks to carry it around the house. I say no since I want to reserve it as her church bag, to carry her Bible and sketch pad along with a few crayons. I found 3 pictures online that I liked and came up with this. It's got 2 inside pockets for her crayons and eventually candies - when she learns to space out eating them rather than one right after the other.
I wanted to make the bottom corners square, but because of the pocket placement, I was not able to do this as I would lose half - 3/4 of the pocket, making it basically useless. I got to make my first fabric flower, sewn mostly by hand and found it a fun little thing to make. I made my flower smaller than the tutorial said, about 3 inches in diameter to accommodate the space where I wanted to put it. I found it the perfect size. I think I might want to make some for clips for Camia's hair...

No comments: