A moment of peace. It's been a while. Life is still crazy, but now it's in a good crazy. Fall is here. What could get better than fall? The trees are changing colours, the weather is not hot anymore, it's raining. It's a perfect day today for curling up on the couch with my quilt and a good book. Or embroidery. I've picked that up again in the last couple weeks and am working on a project that I started probably close to 7 or so years ago. I find it very calming. It feels good to sit and work on it after my craziness dissolves into peaceful bliss. Peaceful bliss. What is that? This afternoon Ryan took Camia with him to run a couple of errands. This is peaceful bliss. I love my daughter dearly, but some quiet time is something to cherish. Kind of like those lindt chocolates you can buy, the ones with the center that fills your mouth with it's velvety smoothness as it melts on your tongue. Yes, this is really the only kind of chocolate that I eat (other that that which contain nuts, preferably almonds). Even though I can generally only handle one lindt ball a day, it generally just is mm. This chocolate is high on my 'moment of peace' list, along with that quilt and that book or embroidery project.
It's quiet. I just had to point that out. So now I am going to take a moment to log into my memoirs the events in my life of the past few weeks.
A few weeks ago - 5 to be exact - Camia broke her leg while we were visiting in Smithers. Two weeks later we had to get a new cast because the first one had gotten wet and soft, disallowing for the support she needed for proper healing. After 5 long hours and two deaf ears (6 if you count my mother in law and the nurse besides me) and many shed tears, Camia screamed her way through cast removal and received a purple cast. Purple seems to be her favourite colour, so I saw this as the only option to keep her smiling at that time. And it was cute. Little girl, little purple cast. It had to look nice since she loved to show it off and with it being purple the dirt was harder to see. With life being so busy, I haven't really been taking pictures so a day or so before the cast was due to come off, I started snapping. Dirt and all.
She still came to work with me, and for the most part it worked out well. I wrapped her leg in a loner sock from Ryan, a plastic shopping bag and a tensor bandage to keep it clean and dry.
One week and one day ago Camia had her cast removed. Again Camia screamed her way through the cast removal. She was absolutely terrified of the cast room and knew right away when she saw the door what had happened 2 weeks before.
These days Camia has been quite the talker. She not only repeats everything we say about a dozen times, she repeats everything she says about as many times as well. She also has had some issues with being obedient. Sleeping through the night has become rare these days as well. She wakes up having nightmares and is yelling 'no! Not me!!'. She also discovered temper tantrums. When things don't go the way she wants, she throws herself on the floor, kicks her feet and whines. I am hoping this is all a stage. While I feel like pulling my hair out sometimes, Camia has discovered a new route. It's ok, honey. We all need something in which to release our frustrations. At least this way no one gets hurt and nothing gets broken.
and requests it every single night. We love reading it to her. She loves to read it by herself. She has quite a few of the words memorized now, and reads it with quite an expression.
I love this girl dearly. And I wouldn't trade her for the world. At least, not at this very second anyways. (I'm kidding)
No comments:
Post a Comment