This year Ryan and I had enough Airmiles saved up to once again to head up to Smithers to visit his sister and her family. Camia was a fabulous flyer this time around and loved having her own seat. The colour pad I made her went over well and she spent quite a bit of time colouring in it, both on the way there and on the way back.
On Thursday night, only a few short after we got there, we were on the lake getting in the last of the 2010 wake board season under our feet. Both Ryan and myself got up and neither one of us fell. I had a dry head the whole time! I'm not sure that's ever happened before! Here's me:
And Ryan:
And then there's Camia:
Ryan's sister and her husband have been in the process of building their own house for a little while now, and it was neat to see the differences between this year and last year when we went on the same weekend. Ryan was put to work helping Richard with a few things here and there around the house:
They also have a shop, but I took this picture because of the colour contrast between the shop and the sky. We had a wee storm one day when we were up there.
I even had time to sew while I was up there too! Before we went I made myself a carry on bag for the plane to house things like juice, snacks and books for Camia and Ryan's sister loved it. So, we went shopping for fabric and I sewed her a bag just like it. I had to laugh, though, because my bag took 3 months to complete and Allita's took a half a day. I almost forgot to take pictures of it before I left!
Because Camia was so much more active and because of the difference in air, Camia ended up napping almost every day while we were there. As a result, she didn't always go to sleep so quickly at night (thought she was a fabulous sleeper every night) so Ryan gave her books to read in bed. I thought it was cute so I took a photo:
And, just to keep life interesting, we spent a couple hours on the Saturday afternoon waiting for a cast to set on Camia's broken leg. She was so good about it and other than having x rays done, she hardly cried at all. She is quite proud of her 'owie' and asks if she can show people her owieall the time.
Last week we ended up in the ER again to get her a new cast as the other one had gotten wet and as a result softened up. After a lousy 5 hours of waiting, we finally had a new cast on her leg. We also had x rays done, and the leg is healing up nicely and the cast is set to come off next week Friday. I am not looking forward to having this cast taken off, though, since she screamed so much the first time. It just broke my heart and I might have cried just as hard as she did. I keep telling myself that I will handle that when I get that far. For now, Camia is happy and walking around again in her new purple cast.
No comments:
Post a Comment