Before I update what happened in our lives a week and a half ago, I decided that this is a blog that deserves priority since it makes me happy. When we moved into our house almost 2 years ago, our bathroom was a fantastic green and some sort of burgundy of sorts. Ew. It had to go.
And thus began the renos. We painted the walls a lovely purple (which I still love), ripped wallpaper, took down accessories that made my eyes hurt and worked around the vanity since at that time we could not justify replacing it at that time. Oh, and see that loverly oak toilet seat? Fabulous, isn't it? I thought so, that's why we replaced it almost 2 years later. (ew)
Ever so unfortunately, I discovered one night while Camia was splashing around in her bath that the water was seeping under the lino tiles. We decided to replace it right away to avoid rot and replacing the whole floor. And it involved taking out the vanity. I forbade Ryan to put it back in.
So, we got a new one. And got a fabulous deal because of a monstrous hole on the side of the vanity caused by a forklift. Good thing it's on the side you'll never see.
And then for a few weeks it sat in our bedroom.
Now, after almost 2 years, our bathroom is complete. Almost. There are still a few things I am looking for like trim for a mirror frame, hooks so my bath towels can dry and new light and fan fixtures. A new light since the one we currently have doesn't shed much light. Either that or my eyes in my old age are starting to fail me. In any case, I need - ahem- want a new light.
1 comment:
The bathroom looks fabulous Jen!!
Post a Comment