Life keeps on going. And my bean plants keep on growing. And growing. I can't pick the beans without a ladder anymore and they are so wrapped up in the trusses, it's going to be fun to clean them up! I have already met my needs for beans, so my mom has been reaping the benefits and taking whatever is left since her garden at home is not producing what she needs.

After picking my beans, I headed to Mill Lake with a friend and her girls. It was warm again, so we got the girls popsicles to help them cool down.

And then we fed the ducks. The girls loved this and when the bread was gone they were a tad disappointed.

After having a bit of fun, I went home to start my canning.

I canned beans, 22 jars of peaches and, since I have tomatoes coming out of my ears, I decided to try make pasta sauce since I have plenty of diced tomatoes. It was really easy to make. It took a while, but still really easy. Right now I have 10 quarts of home made pasta sauce and about 8 cans of Hunts pasta sauce (superstore had a sale a few weeks ago), so that should last me a wee while! It was nice to have a friend over to can with me when I did my peaches. She also canned peaches at the same time, producing a total number of 33 jars from 60 lbs of peaches. I think one of the biggest reasons why I am able to still can is the work I see afterwards. Seeing all the jars lined up afterwards and hearing them pop as they seal is so rewarding!
1 comment:
Hard worker! Looks like you'll be enjoying many goods over the winter :)
Post a Comment