The top of Camia's new quilt is done. And actually while looking at this photo, I see a mistake. whoops. It's a good thing I haven't quilted or bound it yet. Time to make that seam ripper work hard!

And it turned out almost perfect. My faith and expectations have been re-kindled because of this quilt. I will keep on going for yet a little while longer. I actually believe I can credit this almost perfection-ness to about 10 hours of precise cutting, and gluing my pieces together instead of pinning. And also ripping and sewing, ripping and sewing...

I now need to purchase fabric for the backing and then quilt it, and then it's ready for whenever Camia moves into her big girl bed which we haven't purchased yet. I am having dreams of how I want to re-do her room into a little girl room and am right now looking for a frilly kind of chandelier on craig's list to hang from her ceiling. I am also looking for a specific kind of lamp at thrift stores for me to paint the base of and cover the shade with a co-ordinating fabric with a green (or pink) ruffle. I am also thinking I might cover 4 canvases with fabrics from the quilt and hang them on the wall above the dresser I am going to purchase. Oh, and I also dream of painting her walls a tan-cream-beige colour to handle all the other brightness that will be happening. Yes, I dream. One day, perhaps :). I still have a while since she has not yet figured out how to climb out of her crib. Yet. Perhaps now that I've said it, she will accomplish this tonight. In the meantime, I dream. And it hangs from my banister.
No comments:
Post a Comment