Monday, October 18, 2010

A New Washer and Dryer

Finally last month Ryan and I were able to buy a new washer and dryer, something which we have been working towards for the past 2 years. It seemed that every time we were close or felt close, something else would come up and again it would be postponed because this wasn't all that important - compared to what needed to be done first. The last straw for me broke when I was doing laundry and it would take 4 cycles for one load to dry in my dryer. Though I had not had problems with my washer for a while, I've had a streak where my clothes would come out soaking wet even though I put it on an additional spin cycle in attempt to get it more dry. They were both very tempermental and drying laundry outside was not permitted by Strata rules in our complex. I do have drying racks, but with the amount of time that it took to dry and the racks can only hold about 1/2 a load each (I have 2), that would take me forever to do laundry rather than my preferred one day a week. So we bought a brand new set as I didn't want to deal with other people's hand-me-downs and then have more problems again. It's just a silly paranoia I have, especially with something so expensive that is supposed to last me a few years. There are lots of things that I buy gently used. Like this jar I found at the VV Boutique. It is now my laundry detergent holder. And I love it.
I got the jar for $1.99 and added some ribbon from my stash and printed the label from my computer. Love it.

Here is my bathroom/laundry room completed. Except for the floor and vanity, both of which are on our to-do list. I resisted posting photos until I was able to find a jar just like the one above so that it could look better for the photo rather than having the big sunlight detergent box sitting on the shelf glaring at me. And so I could type about it :).

1 comment:

Carla said...

Wow! Must feel good to reach your long awaited goal.......beautiful washer/dryer combo :)