Monday, February 3, 2014

January 2014

January was a busy month for us. My sister got married! I've only been waiting for forever for this day :). We had hair trials


And makeup trials.


We had our first in-salon hair cut.


We had a manicure and pedicure, also a first for a certain little girl.





We had the rehersal.



We made the bouquets


And finally the day came! We got our hair and faces done.



I have no pictures from the ceremony. I have a few from the formals.




It was cold. Frigid, almost. Since I have been recently diagnosed with a condition that makes me allergic to being cold, I dosed up good on Benadryl, to avoid breakout of hives.




The flower girls


My sister's mother in law made the cake. She used a Duplo tractor and people as the topper. So fitting for my sister and her new husband.



First dance.


She wore her cowboy boots under her dress.


The girls danced the night away.



The kids have a tapestry going. It changes about once a month, when I get around to feeling like washing windows. Until then, they draw, draw and draw again. When I get around to washing the windows, they get a clean slate to start all over again. Caleb decided to get in on the action this time. 



Caleb learned how to drink from a sippy cup this month. As with bottles, he was picky about which one he took. As with bottles, we tried several. As with bottles, I have an extensive collection of a variety of different kinds. In the end he settled for the Tupperware kind, the kind I have had in my cupboard since before I had kids. Either that or he prefers to drink sans lid.



This creature has weird eating habits. Forget the plate and fork! He likes to eat straight from the tray.


He likes to be silly sometimes.


He is also very clever sometimes. He is not allowed to cross over the thresh hold of the master bedroom door unless accompanied by an adult - even then sometimes he is forbidden. We have our printer in there. And the phone. And Ryan keeps his tablet in there, I usually keep my cell phone there. All these devices have buttons. They all make noise. They all have lights. It is Caleb's playground. So, the door is always closed because he just cannot resist temptation. While vacuuming one day, I caught him red handed trying to break in. He went downstairs, dumped this bucket of toys upside down, carried the bucket upstairs and used it to reach the door knob. He can't yet turn a knob, so we were safe when he started whining for me to open the door for him. I am sensing a lock and key might be on the horizon.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Love the photos of the past 5 months :) Was wondering what you've been up to ;)
Looks like you've been very busy!! And hopefully enjoying life. We need to gather for a coffee one day!