The first weekend in December meant Sinterklaas came to visit our house.
Camia has been playing so much with her little doll, a gift to her from another of my brothers. Since the clothes made specifically for this doll from the company is so ridiculously expensive, I decided to take on a challenge and make a dress instead. I am a little proud of how it turned out.
I made the dress
and a coat and scarf to match. I ordered the boots and tights online.
Sinterklass. Caleb was so excited to see him :/ .
The kids got a surprise in the mail - a Christmas gift from Edmonton. This Christmas Camia learned how to build Lego all by herself.
It also snowed. We don't get much of it here, so any little bit is cause for extreme excitement in the littles.
Caleb has a favourite spot in the house. He pulls the basket out, dumps the quilts and parks his little bottom. I have since created a block and moved the couch in front since he loves to press the buttons and go fishing. Several times I have caught him with his little hands in the fish tank. That fish will die of a heart attack before his time.
And then it snowed again. This time there was enough to hit the slopes. And by slopes I mean a little hill down the road from our house.
And we built a snowman. He stuck around for a few days.
Back in October I became an Aunt...this time on my side of the family, my first real, full blood nephew. A cause for great excitement. It is so unfortunate that they live on the other side of the country. My mom went to go see him (I wanted to fit in her suitcase so bad) so I sent along a quilt for him. My first quilt to not use squares. Half square triangles turned into a chevron pattern. I am happy with the end result.
New Years Day we went skating with our church. It was Camia's first time on skates.
With my sister's wedding looming on the horizon, and my little girl a flower girl, Mary needed a new dress, to match. So, I got behind the sewing machine once again to create a ballgown for my little girl's princess.
No comments:
Post a Comment