Monday, August 27, 2012

Super Hero

Camia has been pretending a few things these days. In order to encourage this type of play, I decided that it would be a good idea to grant her a wish for when she plays 'Superhero'. She asked for a superhero cape. So, for fun we headed to the fabric store in Bellingham and picked up some fabric to make a superhero cape. She picked out her favourite colours - pink and green - and I spent the evening turning it into a cape for her so she could play with it the next day.

 
In the morning after trying to play with it she told me she didn't like it. It was fair...it looked like this
It wasn't very comfortable. Online I went for a tutorial and some help. And, since my seam ripper and I are best buds, I spent some quality time with it and ripped that sucker apart. I made it into a cape. With a neckline. This is what it looks like now.
Much better. She can fly now.
And her, being the little diva that she is, picked out a blingy button to go with the bling that is on the cape. You can't see the bling, but the cape is made from pink chiffon with a layer of green tule-like fabric that has shiny gems all over it. You can actually see a bit of it in this photo. She was in her glory. Pink, green and bling. I don't think she could have been happier :)

No comments: