We took off for the PNE at noon and after once again not really knowing where we were going, we found the sky train station at around quarter after 2. You'd think that since we do this every year we'd have a route memorized and know exactly where we had to go. So I am going to put it here on my blog so that next year I can refer back and think that we will have a route planned before we go...although the likelyhood of that happening makes me smile since I think deep down that even though it is here, written down, we still will not have a route planned. We keep saying that there is less adventure when you know where you are going ahead of time. After finding the sky train, we have to remember which station to get off at, and then which bus to catch to the PNE. And every year we don't remember. :) So here it is: Fraser Hwy takes us straight to Whalley, and after a right hand turn, you pretty much drive into the King George skytrain station, which is the beginning of the route. Get off at the 29 station and catch the #16 bus, whcih takes us pretty much to the front gates of the PNE. The busses and skytrain run until midnight, be sure to catch the #16 bus back to the 29 skytrain station and get off at King George to find the car back.
As per usual, Camia got a ride pass and we spent the majority of our time on the rides. And, since I am pregnant, I could not go on any of the rides, so Mom got to go on them with her, which was ok with me since I could take the opportunity to not walk and maybe put my feet up. And take pictures.
We started off on the skytrain
We first caught the Superdog show.
And then headed to the rides, where we spent the next 4 hours or so. It's amazing how quickly time flies when you're having fun.
Even though it looks like someone might have coughed in her cereal, she did have a grand time on the rides! :)
She braved the lines that looked so long - but weren't that long actually.
She was a champ the whole time we were there.
She got to be the train operater and ring the bell, which made her day.
The monstertrucks were probably one of her top favourites, it was bumpy and rough. Right up her alley.
Love this picture of my Mom and Camia.
After about a half second of convincing her that riding by herself was ok, she got on fearlessly and so independently while Mom and I watched from the sidelines. I remember from last year she got to go on some of the rides for the first time because she was tall enough and I felt all emotional because my baby was getting all growed up. *sniff*
The slide was pretty fun for her
And I love this picture too.
This is another of her favourite rides - the motorcycles.
She was allowed to have her face painted, and after some convincing, she picked these wings over spider man or some other ugly picture...not sure why she gravitated towards the scary pictures. She ended up loving this one. After waking up this morning, she was a little upset that it was almost gone. I am hoping that it comes out of her clothes. And her pillow.
1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like fun! Hope you have that baby soon!!!
Post a Comment