Monday, August 27, 2012

Sew Mamma Sew!

A couple of weeks ago I had to take it easy because I started having some really intense pain and contractions to the point where I almost called my midwife thinking I might be in labour. The contractions were shooting through my back, and after waiting a few hours, I decided that calling my midwife would be fruitless since I didn't really believe it was active labour. I decided that I had just pushed myself too hard and had too busy of a weekend. So, the following week I decided to take it easy and to distract myself from washing my floors and doing any other form housework, I decided to sew. I had a few projects that were sitting on my desk just waiting to be finished. Besides the cape from the previous post, I finished my quilt for Baby, and am quite pleased with the end result. I spent a little more than I usually do and bought a good quality minky fabric for the backing. It is super soft,
and Camia loves it too.
 

 In her imaginary play, Camia had a birthday party for her friends and requested a birthday cake. Even though baking a cake would have been faster, I thought making one would be better. This was she can have as many birthday parties as she wants, over and over again. Her only issue with this cake was that it only has 4 pieces. "I have more than 4 friends, Mom!".
 
 
I also finished my nursing cover, which is reversible able has pockets to house things like soothers and nursing pads.

 
I almost finished a play quilt for Baby, I just have to hand sew the binding on. For this quilt, I also used super soft backing, but instead of buying expensive fabric, I went to Costco and picked up a blanket for a fraction of the cost. Instead of using batting, I used two layers of this blanket to make it super soft and plush. I wanted it so that if baby rolls over, his/her head will not get hurt by having it bang on the floor.
The twisted fabric is so I can attach toys to the quilt and not have them either get swiped by bigger sister or have them get thrown off the quilt by a not-so-baby little person.
Camia has a little friend who has a lady bug apron and had been begging me to make her one as well. So, I borrowed the pattern and made Camia one of her own.
 
It felt great to get these projects off my desk and out of my WIP (work in progress) bins. One thing that might not be so nice is that Camia has figured out that if she wants something, I can probably sew it. Now she asks for me to sew her everything.

No comments: