Yesterday a friend and I got together for a play date and a sewing a project together date. We'd been talking about sewing I Spy bags for our girls, and decided that there was no time like the present. This is my finished product.
Anyways, while I have this discussion in my head, my fingers will go on to a more cute and funny thing that happened, an act put out by my daughter who says it like it is. As 'they' say...'out of the mouths of babes', right? :) I bought a couple of dolls who started out really cute - kind of -and now, after the fact, I am finding out that these dolls are selling for upwards of $25 on ebay. Oh well.


These dolls have a crazy amount of those beads in them. So, at $5 a piece, I bought them. And turned them into this.
Camia wanted to hold them in the car and was upset when I explained that she could not play with them, and that I was going to be doing the exact opposite of what I have been trying to teach her. She was appalled when I told her that I was going to be breaking them. She looked at me with a worried expression and said 'Mommy, the baby is sad. Can I hold him? I think he needs snuggles to make him feel better.' I am smiling just thinking of it. Her concern was admirable, like she thought the dolls knew just what was coming. The end result is a fun toy that Camia enjoys playing with and was relatively inexpensive. It costed about $7 and that was just for the beads. And it's something to keep her occupied when we head into a grocery store or drive anywhere - along with the books on cd I borrowed from the library (my newest best friend.)
No comments:
Post a Comment