This past Sunday my baby turned 3. I'm going to be all cliche and say wow, does time go fast and where has the time gone, and where did my baby go? My baby turned into a vivacious, funny, beautiful little girl who has been a blessing to our family and a constant eye-opener to me. Her innocence is refreshing, and her child-like faith is something to be desired. I love when she belts out 'Jesus Loves Me' while we go down the aisles in the supermarket, and am encouraged, not embarrassed, when people turn and smile. What a witness program! While she definitely keeps me on my toes, I am working on working my life around her and trying to be more positive about things and bad days. I try to see them as learning experiences rather than seeing the as I feel in the moment - defeated, crushed and frustrated. I am trying to see that although we do not always have the best days - some are worse than others -, the majority of our days are good ones and my baby is a good kid. She listens well. She laughs lots. One of her quirks is that things have to be just so, and if they're not, sometimes it seems that it may be the end of the world.
Anyways, this was going to be a blog about her birthday. When she woke up Sunday morning, she came down to balloons and streamers which she loved. A cheap thrill :)
She got to open 1 present, a polly pocket accessory that Ryan and I bought - got for free - in hopes that it would encourage her to play with her polly dolls. It worked. I suppose that me not wanting the accessories (how many toys does a girl need, and I was thinking about storage, which we lack), just the dolls, made it boring if the dolls had nothing to do.
One of her favourite gifts was a preschool book from my grandparents, in which she has a dry erase marker and is instructed to match colours to matching colours by drawing lines between the 2. She's got it down pat....have I ever mentioned how clever she is and how quickly she picks up on things? She is like a sponge: soaks up anything and hold onto it forever.
In honour of her fairy themed birthday, I attempted to make my first cupcake cake into the shape of a toadstool. After reading online how-to's to get red icing, I went to Michaels and bought a gel red food colouring. And the sucker still turned out pink.
While on facebook the other day, I saw someone had posted their hobby pictures. Cake decorating! And SHE had red icing! So, I sent her a message asking for tips. Apparently you need to use red and christmas red gel colouring together to get red. So next time I need red, this is what I am going to try. In the meantime, it's a good thing she's a girl and can handle pink. So as to not ruin the cupcake cake that we would need for dinner, I saved aside a few cupcakes for lunch and iced them right before serving them which involved making more icing. Camia got to lick the beater and she shared with Oma.
Camis got window writers for her birthday, and my sister made good use of them.
Since Camia shares a birthday with her cousin, we had a gathering of both mine and Ryan's family for their birthdays.
They opened their gifts together
We lit the candles and Camia got a bit concerned that her's weren't getting lit quick enough...
but she's still so cute:)
And she loves to be sung to:
And blow out the candles
She got a battery operated bubble blower for her birthday and loved it probably just as much as the other kids, who still adore Camia to bits and pieces.
(When we arrived at our destination, all of the kids were lined up on the opposite side of the road waiting for Camia to come play with them. Endearing, it is :) but sometimes a bit overwhelming too.)
I love you girl, and am excited that I got to watch you grow up this far, and pray that I can watch you grow up another lotsa years.
No comments:
Post a Comment