Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pencil Case Take Two...

Since the first pencil case didn't work like I had imagined or like the blog said, I decided to go with 2 different styles that I had already become familiar with.
So much for fancy smancy. I used a basic zippered pouch idea and squared up the bottom, which now I'm thinking I should have just left alone. I suppose that as long as it serves its purpose, then that's all what counts, right? Not. The cuteness factor is high up on my list of 'musts' when I sew something. Detail, detail, detail. So, instead of quilting boring straight lines like usual, I decided to try stippling. I need to practice since I want to do this on Camia's new quilt, and I found out that it is not as easy as it looks. All those videos on You Tube make it look so easy. So, I figured that with practice, practice, practice, I could think of it as being that easy too. One day. It was fun, and so much easier than trying to go in a straight line.
I intend to stipple a few other small projects before I tackle my big quilt just to get some more practice.

No comments: