Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hockey

On Friday evening we went to go watch Dawson play hockey. Since the game interfered with Camia's bed time, something we hold pretty consistent since she gets way to hyper, loud and squirmy if she's over tired, I was a bit hesitant to go. If Camia was going to be all of the above, I really didn't want to be chasing her and listening to her while I knew that she could be in bed sleeping. I was pleasantly surprised at how well she did. She ran around with Mackenzie, constantly asked where Dawson was and even made friends with the opposing team.
This little girl is just around a half year or so older than Camia and they spent a great deal of time chasing each other around and sharing candy. Well, since Camia didn't have any, the little girl shared with her. The sharing ended kind of funny in that the girl gave her candy to her older sister to hide from Camia since Camia kept asking for more. Sometimes I had to double look at the girls because I kept getting them mixed up since they were both wearing brown jackets and they both have blonde hair. From the back, there was not much difference in the girls other than Camia being about half a head shorter than the other girl. It was cute to watch. That being said, we still need to have a talk about be-friending the other team. (just kidding) When she wasn't running, chasing, being chased, asking for candy or cheering from the bleachers, she was trying to peek over the wall to see Dawson.
I didn't get any great photo's of Dawson's game, so here are a few of the best. I am not sure if they scored a goal here:
And here is Dawson. From the back. It was hard to get him from the front.
A close up of my girl:
And Camia was so excited to see Dawson that she asked to see him again on Saturday. All day. I hope he is as ok with playing with her as she is ok with playing with him. Her latest? 'Mommy, I want to go to school with Dawson.' Ryan and I figure that by the time she gets of school age, Dawson will be 14, which will put him in grade 8 or 9. So I doubt they will ever be going to school together. Right now we just tell her later. Because then she won't ask again until tomorrow.

No comments: