Something beautiful happened tonight. It's foreign, and happens very rarely. In fact, It only happened once last year. It snowed!!
While wiping off the car with our sleeves (we had left the brush at home - I told you! I didn't really believe that it would snow!), I made an itty snowman and Ryan stuck it on the neighbouring car. The owners loved it so much that we shared a laugh and they took off, with the snowman still on the roof. Poor Frosty. Apparently it was also a disaster in some areas on the roads. They were pretty slick!
Since we will be in Smithers when I traditionally set up the tree and my snowmen, I thought that if time permitted, I would have it done by the time we left so I didn't have to do it when I got home. Since it's been pretty hectic around here what with working a few extra days and making meals for new (and experienced new) mothers in our church, I didn't know if this was to be possible. I have come to realize how many babies are actually born in the Langley congregation in the few short weeks that I have been making meals for people. And there are still so many to yet be born. I love doing it, and it's a little something that means more than a card, and something I can afford without buying them all gifts. And, I feel that it is something that I would have really appreciated when Camia was born. I just hope that it pleases everyone's taste palates. I have been making just pasta meals, but the last time I ventured outside the box and baked 3 dozen (actually 4 by the time it was actually delivered since they were so painfully good) and made sloppy joes in my crock pot while I worked. It turned out grand.
Anyways.....back to the Christmas tree. (I need a new tree. This one is being held together in several places with embroidery thread. Hopefully we can get one after Christmas, when they all go on sale...)
After working 3 consecutive days this week, Camia and I stayed home today. We headed for a walk first thing in the morning to take advantage of the briskness of the winter air, as well as the few flakes that flirted with our eyelashes while we walked. We came home, had lunch, and got straight to work on the tree. Well, that's what I like to think what happened anyways. We had a terribly lazy afternoon. And instead of doing things I really should have been doing, like cleaning up the kitchen, preparing for the meal I get to deliver on Monday, vacuuming, and just general tidying, I took the day 'off' and set up my tree. I think I started working on the tree by around 3 or so, after my snowmen were done. And after her sudden nap on the spare room floor, Camia was eager to help me decorate.
While I loved this, and found it very special, her idea of decorating is slightly different than mine. After she put an ornament on the tree, she was not allowed to touch it. When she wasn't looking - or so I thought - I tried to put a little separation between her ornaments. Camia took my hand, looked at me and said 'Mommy, don't touch! Don't touch the tree!' It makes me smile.
While Camia napped, I took advantage of the lack of little feet following me outside in the cold and decided to tidy up our patio before the snow came. I cleaned up the toys and swept up the plethora of leaves that were scattered over our teeny back yard. They now lay in a pile because I truly did not really believe that it would snow this weekend. The forecaster's have been wrong before!
2 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad your date went great! Heehee, Ryan is SO getting paid back with a chick-flick, eh?? Hope Camia did well for grandma too!
Post a Comment