I am taking a few minutes for me to write on my blog in the midst of my preparations for the Christmas dinner Ryan and I are hosting tonight...just to get a breath. I have been planning the menu and centerpieces and holiday decor to set the mood for the last month or so, and yesterday got together with all my sisters in law as well as my mother in law to assemble the piece. Joy had gathered greens the morning of, and the night before I found twigs. I love dead twigs in arrangements. It adds that extra teeny touch, I think.
I plan on having a buffet table to avoid clutter on my dining table and that is where I put my center piece. I found some fabric to put around it and put lights under the fabric to give it that little extra holiday touch. I also stole some balls off my tree to add colour. Oh, I love decorating and Christmas!
And because I have a buffet table, there is room on my dining table for things such as this
This,
And this!
Now I have to scramble to tidy the place up a bit. It seems that things have gotten a little carried away. I have laundry to finish and fold...
And I have a problem. I am doing a chicken for dinner tonight instead of turkey because I don't appreciate the taste of turkey as much as some people and since I am hosting the dinner, I figured that it was my prerogative. I thought that since it usually takes about 5 hours to cook from frozen, I would leave it in the freezer until I needed it. But then I panicked. How was I supposed to stuff a frozen chicken??? Oops. Now that chicken is taking a steaming hot bath in the sink so I can at least stuff a partially thawed chicken...
As I wait, I sing...fa la la la la la la la la....
2 comments:
I totally forgot to tell you that you did a fabulous job decorating for the party, and the food was delicious! The chicken tasted really yummy! Good job Jen!
Looks pretty fancy.....how did the dinner go?
Post a Comment