Friday, December 18, 2009

Mr/Mrs Potato Head!

Remember the potato head that I was going to make for Camia? Well, I finished it! I made it with my friend Melissa who also made one for her peanut. It was a fun project to do. Perhaps I will let Camia play with it one of these days. For now, its my toy :D. I ended up getting most of the felt for free from fellow free-cyclers, including the glitter felt for the Mrs potato head luscious lips.
I found that my mr potato head looked kinda like a dutch man...
And then there's the classic messed up mr potato head...

I also added a pocket in the back. Without even thinking about it, though, I put the sticky side on all the items to be attached and the fluffy side on the potato. Now I can't put the stuff because it sticks to the potato and ruins the felt. So I think I might make new ones...when I have nothing else to do.
It was fun to do. Now I want to make pinwheel cookies with Camia that look like those honking suckers you can buy at fairs and other places. These are real cookies! And look like tons of fun. (I just have to wait for Camia to be 3 or 4...or 2...:))

1 comment:

Carla said...

Ok, the playdough things are cookies? confused.......but they look really cute.
LOVE the Mr. Potato head, could you send me a tutorial...?