Another thing I did in the heat of the moment to add to my crazy life was start a new home-based business selling Epicure. On Saturday last week I had my first open house and was able to submit my first official party of the 4 that I have set as a goal for the end of January for myself. Since then I have submitted a second one, and have 2 parties booked in January. This is my display of spices, specials and catalogs,

And this is my display of the table where I had drinks and dips set out for people to tatse. I made little place cards telling what each dip was and in the inside of the cards I wrote other uses for the respective dips. I walked to Value Village and picked up the 3 caraffes that kept my liquids hot and I also picked up the black basket to hold my Artisan bread. I quick whipped up the fabric thats in it that served as a bread warmer. I finished binding it about 1 hour before the open house was set to start. I seem to be good at having those last minute projects kind of sneak up on me, it seems. Or at least that is what Ryan tells me anyways ;). I also made terriyaki chicken for this too. I handed out 57 invitations, and other than some family, 2 people showed up. I was not surprised since my unit leader had warned me of this, but I still comforted myself in knowing that my name was out there, even if it meant it was tossed in the recycling bin. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment