This past week, while focusing on being a hermit, Camia and I took a stroll into the heart of Langley City (just 3 blocks from my house) and headed to the Hardware store to purchase a sprinkler for our beyond dead front yard. I looked at the several different kinds of sprinklers and decided that the cheapest one would suffice for our teeny tiny area of grass. Who knew that there were so many to choose from! They ranged from $10 to $70 in price and some of them had all kinds of different features.
After the hardware store, I decided that since I was out anyways, I would make a stop at Value Village to see if I could find some shoes for Camia's feet that went through a growth spurt...Finally! She's only been wearing the same shoes for about 6 months now. Size 3, here we come! While I was there, I made my routine visits down the vase/pottery aisle to see if I cou
ld find any really neat pieces. For the first time since I have started this 'routine', I found some pieces that I fell in love with. The match my decor and colour pallette quite well and only cost me $10.
I love pottery and found 2 other pieces that suited my decor quite well as well. I then made my visit to the games aisle - new games can cost so much, so I keep my eye out for group games for when friends come over. For $8, I found Apples to Apples and Cranium, both which look to be brand new and came complete. I sat on the Value Village floor and counted all the Apples to Apples game cards to make sure. I decided to not check Cranium since Camia was not impressed with me that I had counted over 1000 cards already, it was time to go.
When I got home, I right away turned the sprinkler on and let it shower for 2 hours. Is it possible to watch the grass turn green in this amount of time? I am sure I could see it turn green again! It was at the 2 hour mark when a kind neighbour came and told me that while we were on holidays there was a watering ban issued in Langley City. No watering of lawns, gardens and washing of the cars were allowed until further notice. Oops! I right away turned the water off to avoid a 'good' fine. At least my grass isn't as brown as it was before those 2 hours! We are allowed to water with a watering can, so that's how my garden got watered. I've also been tempted to fertilize my grass via a watering can but then the thought exhausts me and dwindles away. Oh well...it's supposed to be raining by tonight and into tomorrow, so maybe then my grass will be 'lush and green.' Ya, if we have a torrential down pour. So, Im thinking that until the fall season starts, my grass will have to stay a verigated brown and green.
2 comments:
I love the pottery pieces! No kidding you were excited about buying them!!
Great finds! The pottery looks so good with your rust-colored wall - fabulous :).
Post a Comment