For the past few weeks I have been thinking of how good it would be to have a yummy hot biscuit for breakfast, and was searching for a good recipe. I found one in a cookbook that sits on my shelf so I decided to give it a go. Basically all this recipe calls for is flour, baking soda, baking powder salt and buttermilk. So I mixed...
It was so gooey.
Since I have the most wonderful cookie sheets, I gave it a good spray with Pam which smoked like crazy and set off the smoke detector and caused me to air my house out by opening all the windows.
The instructions said to 'knead 8 times'. This proved to be a challenge since the dough was so super sticky so I ended up using flour to make it soft and less sticky. (And yes, that is my state of the art counter top...)
While they baked, I folded towels. I have become so picky about how my towels are folded its sad. But then they all look nice. I have a memory in the back of mind of my mom making me re-fold towels because they weren't all folded the same way or stacked the same way. Hmm. A hereditary trait, perhaps? For me, all the labels have to be in my right hand. If this is not possible, the label has to be in my left hand. It always has to be on the top, facing the outside so I can tuck the tag in with my finger tips as I fold. And it always has to be folded from left to right, left to right. I think towel companies should get together for coffee some day and agree to put all their labels on the same corners so that my obsessive job of folding towels can be that much easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment