Monday, March 2, 2009

Card Making Frenzy

This past Saturday, Ryan and his brother Don decided that they were going to go out and have an XBOX night with their cousins, so Dons wife Tien and I decided that we were going to get together and have a card making night. I found a fun paper design at the local scrapbook store and was excited to use the rest of it up. I had already made Ryans mom a birthday card:

and I wanted to make more to use it up. I made one more card and still have some left to make a few more.

I also found this polka dot paper at the scrapbook store an
d went through my inventory to see what I could match it with, since I have oodles of paper that needs to be used eventually :). The stripes is the polka dot paper flipped around. I thought this paper also suited my 'summer by the sea' stamp set quite well.

After this, I still had some other paper left over that I wanted to use, so this is what I did: I kinda borrowed the idea from Tien :)


My intent for this evening was to make my nephew a birthday card, and after these 4, that task was still not complete. So, I got to doing that. I found oober cute snail paper that I though would be perfect for his birthday. I borrowed a layout idea from my all-time favourite website Splitcoaststampers.com and completed the card in less than a half hour. Its not quite complete as I dont have any turtle stamps or stickers, and am waiting on another scrapbooker to borrow something to finish it. It's all good. My nephew's birthday isnt until March 18.
Now, I need to go wake up my bean from her nap. I know, it's 6:50, but she's been down since 5, and I need her to sleep through the night.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

All the cards look beautiful, Jen! I love the colors. And I agree, the snail paper is oober cute!