I decided that since Camia is 9 months old already, it was time to do a birth announcement. I started it 2 weeks ago, and gave myself a 1 week deadline. At the end of that one week, I was so close to finishing it but was so unsuccessful. Oh well. I quess 2 weeks is just as well as well :).

I've been shopping for a design since before she was born but am quite picky with all the baby designs that are out there. I was wandering around Wal-Mart when I saw this one and thought it was a cute idea. I especially loved the idea of stamping her feet. That is what actually motivated me to get this project done: her feet aren't getting anny smaller! As it is, it was a tight squeeze. With Ryan holding her body and I her feet, the first print went so well and I became pretty excited about the second one. As you can see, the second one did not turn out so well. (the second one being the left one.) I figured that since I wasnt sure if her feet were going to fit in the space provided, I would try to stitch the bottom line of words first and then stamp her feet and move the top line of words up a few lines. Well, she suqirmed a little and we stamped right on top of the lettering. Rather than pull it all out (or completly re-start), I re-stitched those few stiches, and it turned out pretty well still. Yay!! One project of many completed! Now, onto the next one.
No comments:
Post a Comment