Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Bag For Beach Days

Last August, right before we went camping, I decided that I would make a beach bag so we could carry all our stuff to the beach with no problems. Unfortunately, I did not get it complete in time for camping, and it sat in the closet until now, 8 months later. This week seems to be a 'complete all unfinished projects week'. Its been fun, and greatly rewarding to think that I have 3 down, and so many more to go. I've been working on projects that are old (like the cape which I started before Camia was born, and now, the beach bag.) and my 'to do' pile is growing shorter and shorter. 

Never fear, however, because there are many more that I've recently started, or are continuous project such as my scrapbooks (although they are in much need of undivided attention as well) and cards. 

For this bag, I chose a bright fabric (and the prettiest one on the sale rack last summer), perfect for summery days on the beach! And, since summer is not yet gracing our presence, this bag will suit just fine for those hours we spend at the pool these days. There are big pockets on the front

and little pockets on the sides.

I put pockets inside for the little things and ran out of material for the pocket on the other side. Miscalculation on my part since I have lots of left over bits of fabric.

This project was a bit more than I bargained for, it was a challenge. It took a few breaks and alot of seam ripping to figure the pattern out. And if I look at it again, I think 'duh'. :D That being said, I very much enjoyed the challenge and the toying with my brain this pattern did. 

No comments: