Sunday, March 15, 2009

Climbing Stairs

This past week was exciting as Camia learned how to climb up the stairs. She still needs a bit of help as she slips every now and then, but in general she is pretty good at it. Our 14 steps is a long climb, and sometimes I think that when she looks back, it scares her. Her little body gets quite tired out as she reaches the 4th or 5th step, but I think even that is an accomplishment for my little bean. She has taken to following either Ryan or I to the stairs and sits at the landing contemplating if the accent is worth the effort. Its the going down that needs major work. Today while we were at Ryan's moms for lunch, she tried to go down the one step there, and ended up doing a faceplant on the hardwood because she neglected to go down backwards. Something we need to work on, but I guess we need to do one thing at a time. 
All this rapid learning is so exciting, and keeps me on my toes as now I have to be much more concious of where she is and where she might be going.



No comments: